Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Jill Scott Rocks A Close Cut Natural On The Cover Of Essence


Jill Scott looks absolutely radiant on the cover of the October 2012 Issue of Essence Magazine. Ms.Scott seems to be on a new page in her life after moving on from her failed engagement and signing a new deal with Warner Brothers which resulted in a #1 album last year.

She explains why she chose to pose for the cover of Essence natural without weave or a wig:
“This is the simplest form of myself. I look in the mirror and it’s like, ‘Hey, there you go. What’s up, girl?’ For me, hair is an accoutrement. Hair is jewelry. It’s an accessory. Tomorrow I may want a wig down to my butt and I’m gonna rock it, and the next day I may want a big Afro and I’m gonna rock that too…
It is nice to see black women ot affaid to be natural...its OnPoint! Natural Beauty is the best beauty!

Read more at Essence

No comments:

Post a Comment